- save lives
- prevent or reduce the number and severity of accidents
- create a safer environment for cyclists
- improve safety for pedestrians
- maintain the existing road environment (no need for road humps, driveway links or other traffic calming devices)
- improve the amenity of your neighbourhood with reduced vehicle noise
- decrease through traffic.
Where is the precinct?
The trial precinct includes all local roads in the area bordered by Magill Road, Glynburn Road, The Parade and Portrush Road.
The four main roads will not be part of this trial with no changes to the speed limits on these roads.
What are the benefits for our community?
A 40 km/h speed limit has the potential to:
When do I need to respond by?
Please submit the survey by 5 pm Friday 27 November 2015.
Who do I contact for more information?
If you would like more information, please contact David Hayes, Council's Principal Traffic Engineer, on 8366 4200.