Round about on Portrush Road

This photograph was taken circa 1953 from Burnside Council looking towards the intersection of Portrush and Greenhill Roads.

Nathaniel Knox (1797-1880) named Portrush Road after his hometown Portrush, in Northern Ireland. Greenhill Road opened circa 1849. The name describes how the road leads to a green hill.

The roundabout was completed in early 1953 as a solution to heavy traffic.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing:">Load Comment Text</span>