Miller Reserve Playground

This consultation has concluded.

Miller Reserve PlaygroundWe seek your feedback and advice

The City of Burnside seeks your view on the proposed upgrade to the play-ground and passive recreation space at Miller Reserve, Beaumont, located on the corner of Devereux Road and Hay Road in Beaumont (see location plan on the right).

How can I get involved?

You are invited to assist Council in developing a concept plan for the new playground. We want to hear your thoughts. Simply complete the playground survey, add any other ideas you have to the discussion forum, ask our project team a question if you require more informationContinue reading

Miller Reserve PlaygroundWe seek your feedback and advice

The City of Burnside seeks your view on the proposed upgrade to the play-ground and passive recreation space at Miller Reserve, Beaumont, located on the corner of Devereux Road and Hay Road in Beaumont (see location plan on the right).

How can I get involved?

You are invited to assist Council in developing a concept plan for the new playground. We want to hear your thoughts. Simply complete the playground survey, add any other ideas you have to the discussion forum, ask our project team a question if you require more information or email us.

The consultation concludes 5pm on Monday 12 August 2013.

Background

Located within Miller Reserve is the Beaumont Tennis Club, Beaumont Bowling Club and the Burnside Lacrosse Club. The small playground located between the tennis courts and lacrosse field is of a very poor condition and Council believes it does not meet the needs of the local community.

Council’s Playground Strategy states that the playground should meet the needs of the immediate local community, as well as the playground being designed to cater for children between 0-5 years old. Given its location and amenity, Council is seeking to upgrade other park amenities such as picnic tables, seating, barbeque facilities and landscaping.

Next Steps

Council will review the responses and develop a concept design that will incorporate community feedback. It is anticipated that construction of the playground and landscape will occur in early 2014.

Further Information

For more information please contact City of Burnside’s Project Support Officer, Erica Lukacs, on 83664102 or elukacs@burnside.sa.gov.au


This consultation has concluded.
  • Update

    over 1 year ago

    The Miller Reserve Playground engagement concluded 12 August 2013. The results of the community survey for the playground and passive recreation space were collated and a design was developed in response to the community feedback.
    The majority of responses were in favour of the upgrade and the most popular play features were:

    • Swinging and climbing
    • Sliding
    • Natural play

    The upgrade was completed in June 2014 and traditional play equipment pieces were mixed with natural elements and topography to create an interactive environment for children, whilst also catering for the needs of carers and other park users.
    A meandering dry creek... Continue reading

    The Miller Reserve Playground engagement concluded 12 August 2013. The results of the community survey for the playground and passive recreation space were collated and a design was developed in response to the community feedback.
    The majority of responses were in favour of the upgrade and the most popular play features were:

    • Swinging and climbing
    • Sliding
    • Natural play

    The upgrade was completed in June 2014 and traditional play equipment pieces were mixed with natural elements and topography to create an interactive environment for children, whilst also catering for the needs of carers and other park users.
    A meandering dry creek bed, grass mounds, stepping stones and pathways link the play equipment to create a beautiful, exciting and connected space.
    The existing trees combined with the newly planted trees, provide natural shade to protect the play spaces, as well as separate fitness equipment areas and the barbeque/picnic space.
    A drinking fountain, formal and informal seating were added to the space, and pathways were upgraded.

  • Miller Reserve Playground Update

    over 3 years ago

    The results of the community survey for the Miller Reserve playground and passive recreation space upgrade have been collated with a design developed in response to the community feedback.

    Out of the 40 valid responses, 95% were in favour of the upgrade with the other 5% partial support. The most popular play features were:

    • Swinging and Climbing (both 80%);
    • Sliding (73%); and
    • Natural play (68%).

    The most popular landscape features & amenities were:

    • Seating (93%); and
    • Shade (85%).


    Further comments made by the community were inclusion of drinking fountains with dog bowls (five comments), amenities for older children including exercise equipment (six comments) and allowance for dog walking and open space (three comments).

    The concept design mixes traditional play equipment pieces (including a swing, climbing net and small slide and toddler playspace) with natural elements and topography to create an interactive environment for children, while catering for the needs of carers and other park users. A meandering dry creek bed, grass mounds, stepping stones and pathways link the play equipment to create a connected space. Existing and proposed trees will provide natural shade to protect the play spaces, as well as a separate fitness equipment space and barbeque/picnic area for the adults. Other additional amenities include a drinking fountain, formal and informal seating, and upgraded pathways while maintaining open grassed space.

    Please see attached concept plan for further information. Works are currently underway with a target completion date by 30 June 2014. For more information, contact Chris Linnell on 8366 4200 or clinnell@burnside.sa.gov.au.

    The results of the community survey for the Miller Reserve playground and passive recreation space upgrade have been collated with a design developed in response to the community feedback.

    Out of the 40 valid responses, 95% were in favour of the upgrade with the other 5% partial support. The most popular play features were:

    • Swinging and Climbing (both 80%);
    • Sliding (73%); and
    • Natural play (68%).

    The most popular landscape features & amenities were:

    • Seating (93%); and
    • Shade (85%).


    Further comments made by the community were inclusion of drinking fountains with dog bowls (five comments), amenities for older children including exercise equipment (six comments) and allowance for dog walking and open space (three comments).

    The concept design mixes traditional play equipment pieces (including a swing, climbing net and small slide and toddler playspace) with natural elements and topography to create an interactive environment for children, while catering for the needs of carers and other park users. A meandering dry creek bed, grass mounds, stepping stones and pathways link the play equipment to create a connected space. Existing and proposed trees will provide natural shade to protect the play spaces, as well as a separate fitness equipment space and barbeque/picnic area for the adults. Other additional amenities include a drinking fountain, formal and informal seating, and upgraded pathways while maintaining open grassed space.

    Please see attached concept plan for further information. Works are currently underway with a target completion date by 30 June 2014. For more information, contact Chris Linnell on 8366 4200 or clinnell@burnside.sa.gov.au.

    You need to be signed in to add your comment.

    comment
    Submitting your comment
    Cancel