Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link
The purpose of the Hazelwood Park Conservation Management Plan is to develop a long term vision for Hazelwood Park that reflects user and community aspirations and enhances the natural ambience and character of this State Heritage Listed Park.
The Plan provides a strategic tool to help guide and inform management decisions that reflect the Park’s State Heritage listing, fosters vitality with the retention of historic and natural informal character features, improves access and welcomes evolving community interactions and values.
The Draft Hazelwood Park Conservation Management Plan was open for community engagement from 29 June to 27 July 2016.
During this period, an Open Day was organised at Glenunga Hub to provide interested parties with the opportunity to review the draft Plan and seek clarification from the project team and also submit comments.
There were many elements of the draft Plan that received high levels of support:
· Proposed plan for trees.
· Creation of a small footbridge across First Creek between the southern fence of the Swimming Centre and Greenhill Road.
· Investigations into a new hedge or fence adjacent to Greenhill Road.
· Replacement of existing lights by more efficient modern lighting technology against the primary pedestrian pathways.
· Measures to prevent vehicle access to the Park in a non-controlled way (but no large scale use of bollards).
· Modest signage.
There was general support in respect to the Implementation Strategy.
The Hazelwood Park Conservation Management Plan aligns with the following desired outcomes of the City of Burnside’s Strategic Community Plan:
· A range of high quality sport and recreational opportunities and facilities that foster healthy lifestyle pursuits.
· Sustainable, engaging and functional community public spaces and streetscapes.
· Natural environments and watercourses protected and conserved in both the Hills Face and the Plains.
· Conservation and enhancement of the historic character of the City.
The Hazelwood Park Conservation and Management Plan was adopted by Council on the 23 August 2016. To view this Plan please view the Document Library to the right hand side of this screen.